A client asked this Facebook® question recently:
“How I can get rid of the various application notifications (i.e. Farmville, Indiana Jones, Words with Friends, etc) from friends without deleting the friends that keep sending them?”
That’s a great question! When scrolling through Facebook® status updates, there are days that it seems like the only updates showing are from friends playing games. If you are tired of seeing all of those status updates about what supplies they need or how they need help feeding their animals, there is a solution!
Cleaning Out Your News Feed
Here is a simple way to clean out your News Feed and focus on what you want to see.
Below you will find a screenshot from my news feed about someone needing spackle for their project in this particular game.
We’ll pretend my friend’s name is Sam. If I am tired of seeing these types of status updates in my news feed from Sam, I have three choices (the last three items in the drop down box):
- I can unsubscribe from Sam
- I can unsubscribe from game stories by Sam, or
- I can hide all status updates from this particular app
- Option 2 allows me to unsubscribe from game stories by Sam. If Sam is notorious for playing games and the majority of his status updates are about various games, I would probably choose this option.
- Option 3 allows me to hide all status updates from this particular app. So if Sam, Sarah, Suzy, Stu and Sherri all play one certain game and I am tired of seeing those updates in all of their status updates, I would probably choose this option.